Stock Show U Fitting Clinic & Contest
February 23, 2018
12:00 Noon – Sullivan Supply Stock Show U Livestock Center, Livestock Center Lower Sale Arena
2:30 PM – Sullivan Supply/Stock Show U Team Fitting Contest, Barn 18H
Grand Champion Fitting Team
Pictured Left to Right; Dealer Relations and Master Professor, Wess Richey; Bradley Johnson, Logan Suddeth, Garrett Handsaker and Judge Will Coor.
Reserve Grand Champion Fitting Team
Pictured Left to Right; Dealer Relations and Master Professor, Wess Richey; Jacob Bressner, Tyler Miller, Lane Miller and Judge Will Coor.
Third Place Fitting Team
Pictured Left to Right; Dealer Relations and Master Professor, Wess Richey; Easton Beard, Case Hennefont, Lucas Stumpf and Judge Will Coor.
2018 Contest Information Entries
1. The contest will be open to both 4-H and FFA teams. There will be both team and individual competition. Teams will consist of no more than four members, with the top three scores representing the total team score. All team members will be eligible for individual competition.
2. A team or individual may be entered in either the 4-H or FFA division, but not both.
3. A contestant must be a 4-H or FFA member to be eligible.
4. Entry fee must be paid at registration.
1. There will be three to four placings classes. Heifers and steers of any age from as many breeds as possible will be used for the classes.
2. There will be 10 questions asked on each of two to three classes.
3. Each class will be 10-12 minutes in length.
4. The officials will be a committee of three, to be announced at the contest.
Schedule of Events
8:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Contest
The livestock judging contest is organized by Lee Denzer and the Blawk Hawk East Livestock Judging Team. Please contact Lee Denzer at (309) 854-1141 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2018 Contest Results
4-H Junior Division – Top 10 Individuals:
4-H Division – Top 10 Individuals Overall:
4-H Division Top Team:
FFA Division – Top 10 Individuals Overall:
FFA Division Top Team:
2018 Contest Information – Saturday, February 24, 2018 – Covered Warm-Up Arena
11:30 AM – Registration
12:00 noon – Contest
2:30-3:00 PM – Results
The Skillathon has two age divisions: Junior (ages 10-14), and Senior (ages 14-18).
Junior Contest Schedule
1st – Stations: Feed Identification, Equipment Identification, Beef Breeds 2nd – Test: Identification of Parts
Senior Contest Schedule
1st – Test: Sire Summary 2nd – Stations: Meats, Feed, Equipment, Breeds
For questions regarding the Skillathon, please contact Ryan Orrick at (217) 234-5208 or email@example.com.
2018 Contest Results